Wednesday, May 19, 2010

3.81

So the final grades are posted for the semester: A, A, and A-. I feel pretty good about the results, although to be honest the A- bothered me. I freely admit that I dialed in the final paper, which I would imagine is why I got the A-, but there is something about the minus part that screams booby prize to me. Like I wasn't quite good enough. Still... I finished my first year of grad school while working full time with a 3.81 GPA. Not too shabby.

I'm waiting to find out if one of my 2 classes I'm taking this summer will be cancelled due to low enrollment. I really hope it doesn't get cancelled because it would throw off my carefully laid out course plans. This is one of the classes I'm dreading: Information Science Theory (LSC508)
Course Description
Introduction to the organization, retrieval and analysis of information, and the underlying technologies used to control the manipulation and dissemination of information in library and information settings.

Course Objectives

As a result of this course, you will:

describe and discuss basic theories of information science.
describe and discuss the basic components of a computer system.
discuss the effects of technology in handling information in library and information services.
discuss communication theories and models and apply them in library and information services.
discuss basic theories and techniques of information storage and retrieval.
discuss the components of the Internet and use various tools to search for information on it.
discuss the role of standards in information environments.
identify and discuss possible new directions in the use of technology in information-based settings.

It's going to be a long summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment