Monday, May 17, 2010

Clouds are lifting

I feel like something is changing with me. I don't know if it's the meds kicking in (certainly I do feel more energetic) or me finally being able to let go of a lot of the stress that I've been carrying, but I'm not getting worked up over the smallest thing anymore.
Mike says he's looking for indications that this change is sustainable and not fleeting. I suppose I'm looking for the same thing. I'm taking it day by day and rediscovering myself and the things that I enjoyed doing before surrendering to the anxiety and stress. Before I would spend most of the weekend on the couch napping, watching tv, and doing bare minimum by way chores. This weekend I got up early to do some cemetery research alone, went to the used bookstore, and spent 3 hours at Lowes with Mike. That never would have happened before - I would be grumpy and my feet would hurt and I would be bored. So there's progress, at least I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment