Friday, May 7, 2010

A Moment of Bliss

Those of you who know me really well know that I am not someone who is a very happy person by nature. I'm a first born, Capricorn, born in the year of the Tiger, and my element is apparently wood. You might as well had trumpeters heralding me as a stress case at my birth!

But I am trying very hard to relax and not take things so seriously. As my friend Tara wrote about in her blog yesterday, there's no sense getting worked up over bumps in the road. So I am trying live in the moment more and appreciate the little things. blah blah blah.

I had a moment of bliss last night. I was jazzed because I rocked my exam and so happy that damn paper was finished and I never have to deal with those classmates ever again. I was washing the dishes last night with the window open in the kitchen. A strong breeze blew and filled the room with the sound of windchimes and the smell of lilacs. Such a little thing, but it made me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment